Thursday 16 December 2010

Back in Wales!

Now that I have returned to the UK and have had a chance to look back on this experience of a lifetime I'm able to reflect on how this trip has impacted on me..

The main thing I have taken from this experience is how  the provision of clean water and sanitation has enabled people to dramatically transform their lives and become self sufficient and productive. I hope the posts on this blog showing the differences in the pre-intervention areas  and the healthier, self sustained communities post intervention where WaterAid and their partners have worked have reminded people why they should continue to support (or start supporting) WaterAid.

I have many more photos (see the gallery below for a few more) and stories to relate, and over the coming months I will be working to raise awareness for WaterAid, so feel free to contact me about anything on this blog or if you want to know more about how you can support WaterAid, maybe I can use your questions in presentations etc!




Finally I feel so fortunate to have been selected and I would like to thank everyone for their messages of support while I was in Bangladesh, I really appreciated them - it at least proved someone was reading this blog!

Regards

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment